Equity sharing agreements are becoming increasingly popular as a way to buy a home. However, there are a number of considerations to take into account before signing on the dotted line. In this article, we'll take a look at some of the pros and cons of equity sharing agreements.
1. You can buy a home without a large down payment.
2. You can buy a more expensive home than you could otherwise afford.
3. You can benefit from any appreciation in the home's value.
1. You may have to pay a higher interest rate.
2. You may be responsible for repairs and maintenance costs.
3. You may have to sell the home if the other owner wants to cash out.
Before you enter into an equity sharing agreement, be sure to weigh the pros and cons carefully. It's a big decision that should not be taken lightly.