1. Buying a fixer-upper and flipping it: There are many houses in Dubois County that need some work in order to be livable. However, with a little bit of elbow grease and some money for repairs, these houses can be turned into beautiful homes. Once the repairs have been made, the house can then be sold for a profit.
2. Renting out properties: Another great way to make money from real estate in Dubois County is by renting out properties. There are many people who are looking for places to live but cannot afford to buy a home outright. By renting out properties, investors can provide affordable housing while also making a profit.
3. Developing vacant land: There is a lot of vacant land in Dubois County that could be developed into residential or commercial properties. This would require some upfront investment, but the rewards could be great if done correctly.
4. Investing in foreclosures: When people default on their mortgages, the bank will often times sell the property at auction for pennies on the dollar. This presents a great opportunity for investors to purchase these properties and either fix them up and sell them or rent them out for a profit.
5. Buying tax liens: If someone doesn't pay their property taxes, the government will place a lien on the property which gives them the right to collect the unpaid taxes plus interest from the homeowner. Investors can purchase these liens at auction and then collect on them when they are paid off by the homeowner (which usually happens when they sell or refinance their property).